Photograph © Peter Trimming, under this
Creative Commons Licence
Grid reference: TQ 230 724
OS sheet: 176
Postcode: SW19 5NR
On Wimbledon Common. Brown sign from A219, Parkside.
Built in 1817 as a hollow post mill. Most machinery was removed in 1864, and the mill was converted
to a smock mill, with the base as cottages. Restored, and windmill museum established, in 1976. Now two floors
of milling museum, with a large collection of magnificent windmill models and other milling artefacts.
Opening times 2017
Easter to October, Saturdays, 14.00-17.00, Sundays & bank holidays, 11.00-17.00.
Admission free for centenary year 2017
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
Saturday 14.00-17.00, Sunday 11.00-17.00.
Norman Plastow, tel. 020 8947 2825.