Photograph © John Winfield, under this
Creative Commons Licence
Grid reference: TQ 557 867
OS sheet: 177
Postcode: RM14 2QH
About 4 miles south east of Romford, on A124, 300yds west of traffic lights at Upminster town centre,
off St Mary's Lane, Upminster, Essex.
A large white 5-storey smock mill built circa 1803. Worked commercially by wind until about 1935.
The mill has undergone extensive repair, and restoration to working order is planned.
Opening times 2017
Closed for refurbishment and
construction of visitor centre. Reopening 2018
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
Not open 2017
The Friends of Upminster Windmill, tel. 0300 030 1803.