Photograph © Jim Woodward-Nutt
Grid reference: TM 468 598
OS sheet: 156
Postcode: IP16 4NQ
At Thorpeness, 1 mile north of Aldeburgh, close to the "House in the clouds", off B1353. Car park in village.
Built in 1803, originally a corn mill at the nearby village of Aldringham.
Purchased and moved to its present site in 1923, where it was converted to pump
water to the nearby water tower (the "House in the clouds") to supply the
village. Restored in 1976.
Not open at present except as
National Mills Weekend opening times 2018
16.00 Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th May
Sharlie and Philip Goddard