Photograph © Chris Allen, under this
Creative Commons licence
Stracey Arms Drainage Mill, near Acle
Grid reference: TG 442 090
OS sheet: 134
Postcode: NR29 3BQ
On A47, about 2 miles E of Acle.
A brick tower mill, built in 1883, and once used for draining the surrounding marshland.
The mill operated by wind power until the Second World War when it was replaced by an electric pump,
housed in an adjacent building. Tearoom and shop. Exhibition on drainage mills of the Broads.
Opening times 2017
daily from Easter to end of
September 09.00 - 20.00.
Mill is awaiting new sails at present.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
Sunday 09.00 - 20.00. Amanda Rix will be on site on Sunday between 10.00-16.00
to talk to people about the Mill and Marsh Folk project and how people can get
Norfolk Windmills Trust, tel. 01362 869394.