Photograph © Michael Roots, under this
Creative Commons licence
Grid reference: TM 192 598
OS sheet: 156
Postcode: IP14 6HB
About 9 miles N of Ipswich on B1077. Access is via a small lane beside the road.
This post mill was built in 1760 and the roundhouse was added in 1836. Stopped work in 1930 and became derelict.
Restored by a group of volunteers in the late 1960s. Country bygones exhibition.
By appointment only on Saturdays & Sundays between March and October.
National Mills Weekend opening times
Saturday & Sunday by prior appointment only.
J.S. Ablett, tel. 01473 890328.