Photograph   Rob


East Knoyle, Wiltshire

Grid reference: ST 873 310
OS sheet: 183
Off A350 Shaftesbury to Warminster road, in East Knoyle village

There are records of a mill on the site dating back to the mid 1300s, although the current Shaftesbury green stone and rubble tower is believed to have been built in the 1700s.
The cap, sails and workings were destroyed and removed following a fire in 1911 the current roof with windows on four sides being added two years later as it was converted to an artists studio as part of the Clouds House Estate.
Opening times 2018
On National Mills Weekend only.

National Mills Weekend opening times 2018
Saturday 12th  May 11.00 - 16.00.

Mills Section Administrator 020 7456 0909