Photograph © Copyright Chris Allen under this Creative Commons Licence.
Crux Easton Wind Engine
Grid reference: SU 425 564
Postcode: RG20 9QF
Off A343 Newbury to Andover road. Take turning left for Crux Easton, then first right.
A 20ft Simplex wind engine mounted on a 35ft tower alongside a small building which encloses a well.
Used in the past for corn milling and pumping water. Built in 1891-2 by John Wallis Titt of Warminster.
Restored in 2003.
Opening times 2018
Second Sunday of each month from
April to August, 11.00 - 16.00.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2018
14th May 11.00 - 16.00
27 Cornaway Lane, Portchester
Hampshire, PO16 9DA
phone 07778 136727.