Photograph © Adrian Marshall
Grid reference: SP 749 010
OS sheet: 165
Postcode: OX39 4QU
In playing field, by Mill Lane, on north west edge of Chinnor village, 220M from crossroads of B4009 & B4445.
A post mill originally built about 1750, now being restored
by volunteers. Unusual in having three crosstrees and six piers and quarterbars, together with curved struts
supporting a curb ring to stabilise the bottom of the buck. The mill is owned by Chinnor Parish Council.
Opening times 2017
Alternate Sundays 10.00-14.00, whilst work is in progress, or by appointment, but can be viewed in field at any time.
See web site
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
14th May, 12.30-17.00.
Adrian Marshall, tel. 01844 292095.