Photograph © Chris Shaw, under this
Creative Commons licence
Broad Eye Windmill, Stafford
Grid reference: SJ 918 232
OS sheet: 127
Postcode: ST16 2QB
In Castle Hill, Stafford, close to Doxey Road bridge and Sainsbury's.
Originally a 7-storey tower mill built in 1796, with a separate steam mill in the lower part added around 1845.
Ceased working in the 1890s. Now truncated and derelict. Under restoration; the ground and first floors only are accessible.
A limited display of industrial artefacts.
Opening times 2016
Occasional open days; and individuals can be taken round by arrangement. Telephone for information.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2016
Sunday May 14th, 11.00 - 16.00. Open day and
Mrs Jennifer Lindores, tel. 01785 613558 or.07504