Photograph © Jim Woodward-Nutt
Billingford Mill, Nr Diss
Grid reference: TM 167 786
OS sheet: 156/144
Just off A143, about 1 mile E of Scole, and 3 miles E of Diss.
A five storey brick tower mill, built in 1860, with a boat shaped cap winded
by a fantail. It has four double Patent sails carried on a cast iron
windshaft. The two pairs of millstones are overdrift. A third pair is
housed on a hurst frame on the ground floor of the mill and can be driven by
Opening times 2017
The mill is open on certain Saturdays, Sundays & Bank Holidays between 12.00 & 16.00
except where specified. Mon April 17th, Sun May 14th; Sun June 25th; Sun July
30th; Sat Aug 19th; Sun Sept 17th.
See web site for
National Mills Weekend Opening Times 2017
Sunday May 14th 12.00 - 16.00 Classic & Vintage vehicle show.
Julie & Herbert Websdell 01379 853967
Norfolk Windmills Trust, tel. 01362 869394.