Photograph © Chris Allen, under this
Creative Commons Licence
Hereford Waterworks Museum
Grid reference: SO496393
OS sheet: 149
Postcode: HR4 0JS
S side of Broomy Hill, on W side of Hereford. (Follow brown signs from Barton Road, off N end of Greyfriars Bridge).
Exhibits include 1920s wind-pump from Bridge Sollers, an 1890 turbine-driven pump from Warwickshire,
a 1907 waterwheel from Carmarthenshire, a tiny 1912 Pelton wheel from Ross on Wye, an 1880 turbine from Dorset
and a 1937 turbine from Kington. Heritage water park for children. Steam engines and beam engines all operating on steam days.
Opening times 2018
Easter to October, Tuesdays 11.00-16.00. Engines in steam and fully operating, 2nd and last Sundays
each month and bank holiday Mondays, 12.00-16.00. Parties all year by appointment.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2018
13th May 1200-1600. All engines in steam, waterwheels turning and pumps
etc from 13.00.
Joan Hughes, Administrator, tel. 01432 357236.
For parties, see web site or e-mail as below.