Photograph © Owen & Angela Rush
Cowbridge sawmill, Timberscombe
Grid reference: SS 956 426
OS sheet: 181
Postcode: TA24 7TD
From A39 Minehead to Williton road turn W through Dunster on A396. Two miles past Dunster turn R
signposted Wooton Courtenay. Mill is immediately on L below Cowbridge Garage.
A 3-storey stone-built, slate-roofed former flour mill dating back to the
14th century. Converted to a sawmill in 1904. The building and waterwheel have
been restored to a working water-powered sawmill museum. (Picture shows the
owner Owen Rush with the waterwheel). Now several water-powered machines in
operation. On site blacksmith.
Opening times 2017
By appointment only & other
opening times as advertised. (see
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
and Sunday, 11.00 - 16.30.
Owen Rush, tel. 01643 841744.