Photograph © Penny Mayes, under this
Creative Commons Licence
Chart gunpowder mills, Faversham
Grid reference: TR 009 612
OS sheet: 178
Postcode: ME13 8NS
Signposted from town centre, about 8 minutes walk. From M2 exit at junction 6 or 7.
This was the oldest of Faversham's three gunpowder factories, dating from about 1760.
Restored in 1968-70 and is a Scheduled Ancient Monument. Managed by the Faversham Society.
Opening times 2017
April to October, Saturdays, Sundays & bank holidays, 14.00-1700. Other times by appointment.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
14th May & Sunday 15th May, 14.00-17.00.
John Breeze, Honorary Curator, tel. 01795 534915 or 01795 534542.