Photograph © Craig Thornber
Brindley Watermill, Leek
Grid reference: SJ 977 569
OS sheet: 118
Postcode: ST13 8FA
On A523 Leek to Macclesfield road, about ½ mile from the centre of Leek.
A working water-powered corn mill, built in 1752, attributed to James Brindley. Restored in 1974.
Opening times 2017
Brindley's Mill is open each Sunday and Bank Holiday from
Easter to the end of September.
The Mill will also be open on Saturdays during July and August, and Wednesdays
during the school summer holidays.
The Mill opens at 14.00 and closes at 17.00 (Last admission 16.30).
All openings are subject to the availability of stewards.
For special events and other information please see
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
Saturday and Sunday, 14.00-17.00. Free admission. Guided tours.
David Hallen, tel. 01538 360900.