Photograph © Essex County Council
Beeleigh steam and watermills, Maldon
Grid reference:TQ 839 083
OS sheet: 168
Postcode: CM9 6LL
About 1 mile west of Maldon, off the road to Woodham Walter, near Beeleigh Abbey.
There is no parking at the mill and visitors are advised to park at the Museum of Power at Langford, Essex and walk to the mill, via Beeleigh Falls.
The watermill was destroyed by fire in 1875 and never rebuilt. Some remains of the watermill building have survived along with the adjacent 1875 steam mill. The steam mill building still contains the original Wentworth beam engine and gear and Elephant boiler, together with an impressive iron hurst frame which drove five pairs of millstones..
Opening times 2017
Parties by arrangement only.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
Gemma Clayton, Customer Liaison Officer,
Essex County Council, tel: 07740 901323 or 0333 013 8156.