Photograph © Jim Woodward-Nutt
Grid reference: ST 498 284
OS sheet: 182
Postcode: TA11 7HP
On B3151 just E of Somerton. Entrance via lane opposite Lower Somerton at crossroads.
A 3-storey mill, built in the mid-18th century, with ruins of an earlier mill dated 1513.
The present 12ft diameter pitch-back waterwheel and machinery was installed in 1869. Last worked
commercially in 1935. The mill has two pairs of millstones. It will still work and occasionally produces flour.
Opening times 2017
National Mills weekend, and at other times by prior arrangement for parties of 15 or more.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
Alasdair McWhirter, tel 01458 274 585.